Cemeteries

 

Only the active and abandoned cemetery information will be given in this section.
** located on private property
A  Abandoned cemetery
+  Active cemetery
M Monument

 Fremont Township
No evidence of any cemeteries or burial grounds exist / existed in this township.

Cass Township
Oak Glen Cemetery**
A small cemetery with about 20 graves. Most of the graves have been moved, but three remain.

Frakes Cemetery(1)**
Contained 20 to 30 graves at one time. Some of the interments have been removed to the Cass Center Cemetery.

Frakes Cemetery(2)**
Contained 5 to 12 graves, all relocated to
Cass Center Cemetery

+    Cass Center Cemetery
Established 1895.
190th Street
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.50830,
Longitude: -93.79470

A  North Cemetery**
It was the first official “associated” cemetery in Webster City established in 1864. It was described as being: “located between the White Fox Bridge and the Des Moines Street Bridge, on the north side of the Boone River, just west of the city dam.” The graves were removed and reinterred in the Home Cemetery aka the Funk Cemetery, God’s Acre, Webster City Cemetery, or Graceland Cemetery”.

A  Wilson Burial Ground**
Site of many early interments until what is now known as Graceland Cemetery was established in 1865. More than one

location has been cited for this burial ground. Described as: on the river bluff northwest of town, on a 1915 hand-drawn map by E.D. Burgess labeled as the “First Webster C.
Cemetery ‘Associated’,” and located at the end of James Street on the Maxwell farm.

Blairsburg Township

+  Blairsburg Cemetery
2050 Quinn Avenue

GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.49250, Longitude: -93.64560

Williams Township

+  Saint Mary’s Cemetery

2145 Tucker Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.47830, Longitude: -93.58810

+  Williams Cemetery

Also known as Ladvig’s Cemetery.
2150 Tucker Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.47810, Longitude: -93.58640

Rose Grove Township

A  Lanstad Cemetery**
There were only three interments made here and they were  reinterred in the Rose Grove Cemetery in Liberty Township and in the Radcliffe Cemetery in Radcliff, Hardin County.

Liberty Township
+  Rose Grove Cemetery
2505 Ubben Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.42635, Longitude: -93.58198
+  Liberty Township Cemetery
Also known as Liberty Center Cemetery
2449 Little Wall Lake Road
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.43470, Longitude: -93.64080
+  Prebyterian Cemetery
2749 Poplar Grove Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.39100, Longitude: -93.68000
Independence Township

A  Unnamed Burial Ground**
Is located on the Kendall Young Estate Farm in section 4. The Trusties of the Estate have farmed around three granite boulders which historically mark the sites of interments of travelers along an old wagon trail into Webster City.
A  Saint Peter Catholic Cemetery**
Established in 1871. It was located by the first Catholic Church site on East Hill, just across the Dubuque Street bridge in Webster City. The graves were all reinterred in 1882 to the new Catholic cemetery called Calvary.
M  Trail’s End Memorial Burial Ground
The site is located where Webster City’s first settler, Wilson Brewer, built his cabin. The Brewer family was reinterred here in 1934. It is located within the Wilson Brewer Memorial Park just off Superior Street in Webster City.
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.458415, Longitude: -93.814087

A  Unnamed Burial Ground**
East of Superior Street, on the south side of Edgewood Drive in section 5, was the original site of the burials of the earliest settlers, including the Brewer family. They were reinterred after 1865 in the cemetery now known as Graceland.
A  Poland’s Grove Cemetery**
Established in 1875 and used until 1881, the graves were then reinterred in the Presbyterian Cemetery located
in Liberty Township.
+  Community Church of Kamrar Cemetery
Also known as Community Church Cemetery.
2351  280th Street
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.45560, Longitude: -93.83420
Freedom Township
+  Graceland Cemetery
Established in 1865, it was originally known as Funk
Cemetery and Webster City Cemetery. It has also
been referred to as God’s Acre.
1000 Ohio Street, Webster City
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.45780, Longitude: -93.83080
+  Hope Cemetery
Is located within Graceland Cemetery. A section of the
original cemetery was purchased and reserved for Civil War
Veterans.
+  Foster’s Addition for Babies
This section is located within Graceland Cemetery. The land was purchased and established in 1934  by the original owner of Foster’s Funeral and Cremation in Webster City. Parents may inter their babies at no charge.
A  Poplar Grove Cemetery**
Was located by a defunct creamery and rural school. The graves were reinterred in other cemeteries.
Webster Township
+  Saratoga Cemetery
3005 Inkapaduta Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.35390, Longitude: -93.81670
A  Duckett Cemetery**
Only two known interments remain. The rest of the graves were reinterred in the Saratoga Cemetery.
+  Neese Cemetery
1404 320th Street
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.32500, Longitude: -93.89350
Hamilton Township
A  Hamilton Cemetery**
All graves were reinterred in the Saratoga Cemetery
in Webster Township.
Lyon Township
+  Evergreen Cemetery
Also known as Lyon Township Cemetery.
Located on the south end of Main Street, Jewell
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.29810, Longitude: -93.63940
A  Little Cemetery**
Was located close to the ghost town settlement of Lakin’s Grove near the curve  on 315th Street. All graves are believed reinterred in the Homewood Cemetery in Lincoln Township.
Lincoln Township
+  Bethany Cemetery
3452  290th Street
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.36830, Longitude: -93.49170
+  Homewood Cemetery
Also known as Lakin Graveyard and Lincoln-Ellsworth Cem.
3150 Ubben Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.36830, Longitude: -93.49170
+  Lincoln Township Cemetery
3408 380th Street
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.31030, Longitude: -93.49970
Scott Township
+  Greenwood Cemetery
Has been also known as Trinity Cemetery

3419 Xircus Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.29360, Longitude: -93.52190
+  Mamrelund Cemetery
3771 Wilson Ave
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.24280, Longitude: -93.54080
Ellsworth Township
+  Mount Olive Cemetery
3755 Tollman Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.24530, Longitude: -93.60170
Clear Lake Township
+  Lawn Hill Cemetery
2081 360th Street
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.26780, Longitude: -93.76110
+  Lake Center Cemetery
3737 Lakins Grove Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.24830, Longitude: -93.75690
+  Saint Paul Cemetery
3726 Nelson Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.24901, Longitude: -93.71734
Marion Township
+  Oakwood Cemetery
3419 Stagecoach Road
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.29420, Longitude: -93.91830
+  Hook’s Point Cemetery
This cemetery has been integrated into Oakwood Cemetery.

The early settlers of the area are buried in this cemetery.

Burial site of the first person murdered in Hamilton County.
+  South Marion Cemetery
This cemetery is split by a Hamilton County highway R27.
3837 & 3838 Fenton Avenue
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.23280, Longitude: -93.87360